Plain Greek Yogurt has to be one of the easiest way to get some extra “healthy” in your (and your kids) diet. You can sneak it just about anywhere you use sour cream, regular yogurt or heavy cream. I use it in baking, to make dips, and as a topping. Here are some of the ways that I have used plain Greek yogurt as a healthy alternative or add-in. If my kids don’t watch me make it, they never know!!
- Plain Greek yogurt + ranch mix = awesome homemade ranch dip!
- Plain Greek yogurt + brown sugar = Healthy(er than cream cheese) filling for crepes or blintzes!
- Plain Greek yogurt + honey + homemade granola + fresh strawberries = Quick and delicious breakfast!
- Plain Greek yogurt + honey + frozen fruit + milk + blender = Yummy smoothie!
- This delicious recipe from Kassie Buck (Chicken Enchilada Soup in the Crockpot) topped plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream!
- Plain Greek yogurt + single serve water flavor packet = flavored yogurt without all the sugar
Have you jumped on the Greek yogurt bandwagon? Have you found a great way to replace something less healthy with something more healthy? I’d love to hear about it!