When I opened up WordPress earlier today, I was excited to see that Moving Mommy (thank you so much!) had nominated me for a Liebster Award! (I had no idea what that was at the time, but I was excited none the less!) It seems that this unofficial award is sort of like a high-five induction from fellow bloggers as you enter into this brave new world. It is awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. If nothing else, it is a fun way to share some information about yourself, and get around to see some of the other new blogs that are out there, and find out more about my fellow bloggers.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank the blog that has given you the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions at the bottom of the page.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer (or you can use the same questions you answered).
5. Go to their page and tell them about it!
So here it goes…
11 facts about myself:
- I was born in a small town in Nebraska.
- I recently relocated to San Antonio, TX.
- I am a Special Education teacher, but…
- I am currently staying home with my 4-year old son.
- I studied sculpture and photography as an undergrad.
- I have my Master’s in Special Education/Behavior Disorder (but still feel under-qualified when it comes to managing my own children’s behavior).
- I love coffee!
- I’m learning to love nature again through my children.
- Putting myself out there on a blog for the whole world to read/critique was a big step for me.
- My guilty pleasure is listening to one-hit wonders for the 80’s.
- Until just recently, I hated cooking; now I would rather stay home and cook, than go out to eat.
11 new blogs that you should check out:
(Sidenote: I may have broke the rules a little in this section because I couldn’t always find the number of followers, so I just pretended they were all under 200…YOLO, right?)
- The Gratitudenist
- I Hide My Chocolate
- Sara Gilliam Writes
- Hat of Many Colors
- Annie’s Cooking Lab
- This is Probably All in My Head
- baby steps to a better life
- Creative Tracks
- Necessary Grace
11 questions from Moving Mommy (posed by Early Learning Planet):
- What musical artist are you listening to these days? I usually listen to Songza which is great for finding the perfect mix for my mood. Favorite Songza mix? Sunshine Indie Pop!
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why? I think I would probably be something nocturnal. Maybe a racoon. They are clever, crafty scavengers that do their best work as the day draws to a close.
- What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue? Why do YOU think the sky is blue?
- Favorite Food? I love anything related to breakfast…especially pancakes!
- If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation? I would travel around Europe. I’ve never been there, and I want to see it before all the great sites are completely commercialized.
- How do you like your eggs? Wrapped in bacon! Honestly, I can eat eggs any time, any way…see above post on breakfast as favorite food.
- Favorite Reality TV Show? I love Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, the F-word, and anything to do with Gordon Ramsey!
- What was your very first job? I worked part-time cleaning a dental office after school.
- What book is on your nightstand right now? Mindset by Carol Dweck and an assortment of poetry collections.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? I am sort of a coffee junkie, so I would have to say sitting at a coffee shop enjoying a latte and a scone.
- At what age is your earliest memory? I can’t really nail that one down, but I have a memory of being stuck at my grandma’s house with my mom and brother during a bad snow storm. My mom worked at a hospital and she needed to get to work, so someone in an old army jeep came to pick up us. I remember being bundled in lots of layers and blankets, and snuggled into the back of the jeep. I must have been pretty small because the guy carried us out.